This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Howard Watson entered into the golf architecture world in 1930, after receiving a degree in Agriculture from the University of Toronto in 1929. He spent the next two years learning from architectural legend Stanley Thompson. Watson’s first solo design came in 1933, when he built nine holes in Seaforth, Ontario.
After serving in the Canadian Army during World War II, Watson returned to the golf architecture. He would design 150 golf courses throughout North America during his career.
Watson was elected into ASGCA as a member in 1954 and served as ASGCA President from 1958-1959. He was promoted to Fellow status in 1977 and served as a member for 38 years until his death in 1992.