This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
James G. Harrison started his career in golf course architecture by working with the legendary Donald Ross in the early 1920’s. After spending six years working for Ross, Harrison opened his own practice in the late 1920’s. Harrison was later joined by his son-in-law Ferdinand Garbin, ASGCA, from 1955-1964.
During Harrison’s career, he designed over 70 courses, most of which concentrated in the state of Pennsylvania.
Harrison was elected as an ASGCA member in 1950. He served as ASGCA President twice, in 1955-1956 and 1969-1970. He became an ASGCA Fellow in 1959 and served as a member for 45 years until his death in 1995.