The American Society of Golf Course Architects (ASGCA) is a non-profit membership association. Founded in 1946, it is comprised of experienced golf course architects located throughout North America.
ASGCA seeks an accomplished leader to fill the role of Executive Director beginning in summer or fall, 2024. Reporting to the ASGCA Executive Committee and Board of Governors, the Executive Director will provide visionary leadership and serve ASGCA members, partners and others in and around the game of golf.
This position is full-time or nearly full-time. It does not require that an Executive Director live in Wisconsin, where ASGCA is currently headquartered. It requires travel of at least six weeks per year. Compensation and benefits are commensurate with qualifications.
The Executive Director will:
- Work with the ASGCA Executive Committee and Board of Governors to set ASGCA’s vision and help formulate and execute policies.
- Articulate strategic vision to board, staff, partners and other audiences.
- Provide oversight of programs that support ASGCA’s Missions, which are to foster professionalism among ASGCA members, support design excellence, help grow the game of golf and expand opportunities for golf course architects.
- Oversee all aspects of ASGCA financial management, including invoicing, deposits and payments; annual budgeting with ASGCA leaders and monitoring of revenue and expenses; reviewing financial reports and statements; working with investment advisor to oversee ASGCA investments; and assisting CPA firm on annual tax filings/reporting.
- Oversee association staff as well as independent contractors and vendors providing event planning, marketing/communications, outreach, accounting and other support.
- Oversee all aspects of ASGCA Annual Meeting and other ASGCA events.
- Oversee ASGCA’s role as Presenting Partner in GCSAA Conference and Trade Show.
- Actively pursue/maintain partner and sponsorship agreements and other programs that involve industry suppliers.
- Attend industry events as required.
- Oversee ASGCA legislative activities as required.
- Serve as ASGCA representative working with other golf associations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work with ASGCA Foundation Executive Committee and Board to provide leadership to the ASGCA Foundation, helping to design/implement programs.
- Oversee all aspects of ASGCA Foundation financial management, including invoicing, deposits and payments; annual budgeting with ASGCA Foundation leaders and the monitoring of revenue and expenses; and reviewing financial reports and statements.
- Work with investment advisor to oversee ASGCA Foundation investments.
- Assist CPA firm on annual tax filings and reporting.
- Oversee donor relations.
- Pursue/maintain sponsorship agreements for the ASGCA Foundation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous membership association leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and manage budgets.
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategic plans.
- Effective negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
How to Apply
To apply, please send letter, resume and salary expectation information by March 15, 2024 to SearchCommittee@ASGCA.org. Questions may be directed to that same email address.