Jan Bel Jan, ASGCA – owner of Jan Bel Jan Golf Course Design – will be part of a new Women in the Golf Industry Speakers Bureau. The organization will unveil the group at the 2015 PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando, Florida.
WIGI will offer corporations and allied golf groups a way to access experts in various disciplines relating to business and golf.
“Our members are extremely knowledgeable and are available to share their knowledge with others by serving as keynotes speakers, panelists and workshop presenters at industry trade shows, forums, and corporate events throughout the year,” said Kathy Bissell, co-chair of the WIGI Speakers Bureau. “We serve as a resource center for those in need of experienced speakers on pertinent topics that help golf facilities and related companies grow and thrive.”
Bel Jan serves on the WIGI board of directors and was recipient of the 2014 WIGI Presdients Award. She is a board member of the National Alliance for Accessible Golf and a managing partner in the National Women’s Golf Alliance. Twice, Bel Jan ranked within the Sports Illustrated Plus list of Top Ten Most Influential Women in the Game of Golf.
Joining her on the WIGI Speakers Bureau are:
• Kathy Bissell, a real estate executive with a specialization in selling golf course properties. She is an expert in golf writing, public relations and television production and has produced more than 250 nationally-syndicated TV programs for the Golf Show.
• Susan Fornoff, a former columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle and three-time author whose work includes a golf travel guide, golf memoir and a third book entitled “Lady in the Locker Room,” which is now being developed into a movie format by CBS Films.
• Kay McMahon, a PGA Member and LPGA T&CP Hall of Famer, and one of the nation’s top female golf instructors. McMahon, a past national president of the LPGA’s T&CP Division, has extensive knowledge about golf-swing mechanics that she shares with beginners to advanced including tour players.
• Donna Orender, CEO of Orender Unlimited, assists companies and individuals in making transformational impact in their lives and in the marketplace. She served six years as president of the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA), and prior, was an executive at the PGA Tour who oversaw global television, production and digital media.
• Katherine Roberts, President of Yoga for Golfers and Yoga for Baseball, is an expert in sports fitness. Her company has Yoga for Golfers instructors in 30 countries around the globe.
• Debbie Waitkus, founder and CEO of Golf for Cause, is a motivational speaker and golf/business author. Her company, Arizona-based Golf for Cause, manages golf tournaments, corporate outings and business-related educational conferences.
“Today, women are represented in nearly all aspects of the golf business and have keen expertise to share with the industry. We hope more groups will utilize the talent of our members at future meetings and seminars,” said WIGI President Elizabeth Noblitt.