Clyde Johnston, ASGCA, will be honored by The First Tee Lowcountry (South Carolina) at its annual award ceremony April 12. Johnston will be recognized for community leadership and support of The First Tee.
The ceremony at Sea Pines Country Club will recognize leaders who exemplify to area youths the First Tee’s core values of honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment.
The First Tee of the Lowcountry’s program includes Hilton Head, Bluffton, Okatie, Beaufort and Ridgeland and has introduced golf to over 1,600 young people.
Additional honorees will include:
- Eric Esquivel of Hilton Head – judgment
- Lauren Brown of Bluffton – confidence
- Colin Swatton of Bluffton – perseverance
- Michael Covert of Beaufort – sportsmanship
- Amanda O’Nan of Hilton Head – courtesy
- Russ Spicer of Bluffton – respect
- Shannon Stephens of Hilton Head – honesty
- James Rowe of Bluffton – integrity
- Cary Corbitt of Hilton Head – responsibility