Some of the most respected names in the golf industry have been featured as part of the “ASGCA Insights” podcast series, hosted by the American Society of Golf Course Architects.
Recent guests include:
- Jack Nicklaus, ASGCA Fellow – He detailed how “sinking a couple of putts” opened doors to the 2nd & 3rd chapters of an incredible career: golf course design in 45 countries & a commitment to making a positive difference through the Nicklaus Children’s Hospital Foundation.
- Suzy Whaley, PGA of America – “Open, transparent and authentic.” Those are the words Whaley used to describe how she and her staff are communicating with their 29,000 members…and how she sees the golf industry interacting with players as more playing opportunities return.
- Jan Bel Jan, ASGCA President – “There is recognition that this is the best time to make changes because we are forced to change. And it should be done with thoughtfulness. Do not make decisions irrationally and then end up regretting them because we did not take the time to think about them.”
- Derek Duncan, Golf Digest – “It’s fun to let architects talk about theory & create a digital archive. Imagine if we could listen to Tillinghast or Mackenzie.”
- Gary Williams, Golf Channel – A fascinating chat that included how a television show is produced when no one is in a studio, and the tale of – perhaps – the final competitive moment between Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus.
- Jeff Morgan, President/Chief Executive Officer of Club Management Association of America – “Practice facilities, executive courses, short-game options & more; it is important our member facilities work closely with course architects.”
- Henry DeLozier, GGA Partners – “Control the things that you can control. Adaptability for all parties is the key going forward. Now is the time for clubs and architects to come together. Architects can bring forward cost effective designs and ideas to make clubs more successful.”
“ASGCA Insights” podcasts can be downloaded from Apple Podcasts, iHeart, Radio, Spotify and Stitcher. They can also be found here.