Paul Roche, national sales manager for Rain Bird – an ASGCA Major Partner in Education – addressed the challenge of the rising cost of water in the April issue of “Superintendent” magazine. Roche looked at recent water developments and provided specific recommendations for readers.
Roche asked, “How can superintendents use less water but still ensure an attractive, healthy golf course?” His responses were detailed, with the headlines listed here:
* Perform an irrigation audit
* Install a meter on every water source
* Use a weather station
* Understand how much water is available within the soil
* Create and follow a system maintenance check sheet
* Consider wetting agents and suffacants
* Replace turfgrass with native grass or plants
The entire “Superintendent” magazine article can be found here.