John Harvey, ASGCA and A. John Harvey Golf Design are staying active in 2015 with redesigns, renovations and master plans. A bevy of new and recently completed projects were noted recently by “Golf Course Industry.”
The magazine’s website noted:
“A. John Harvey Golf Course Design has completed the redesign of Ramsey Golf & Country Club’s practice putting green and short-game facility. Located in Ramsey, Bergen County, N.J., this private, 18-hole golf course hired AJH Golf to provide an innovative design to improve the club’s practice amenities for its members and junior golf programs. The goal was to creatively and efficiently renovate the practice facilities during spring of this year to minimize the downtime of these facilities by complete reconstruction of the project in as little time as possible, since they’re located right outside the atrium windows of the main dining room that hosts 2-3 weddings a week. The club is considering other course improvements at this time to help reposition it in the North Jersey golf marketplace.”
AJH Golf was recently awarded:
* The commission to redesign the practice range field at Bedford Golf & Tennis Club in Bedford, N.Y.
* A course renovation master planning project with Westchester County, N.Y., at Sprain Lake Golf Course.
* The Mill River Club in Oyster Bay, N.Y. – Major reconstruction/reshaping of No. 11 fairway and green complex. Harvey has been consulting with Mill River for over 18 years.
* Clinton CC in Clinton, Conn. – Ongoing master plan-based bunker and tee renovations to this Geoffrey Cornish, ASGCA, golf course built in the 1960s.
* Elmwood Country Club in White Plains, N.Y. – Current projects include bunker renovations on this A.W. Tillinghast-designed golf course.
* Montammy Golf Club in Alpine, N.J. – Work involves ongoing feature renovations with practice fairway enhancements associated with clubhouse improvements.