(Source: The Toro Company)
Following extensive development, testing and in-depth research with golf course superintendents over the last two years, Toro announces that its Lynx™ Control System is now being shipped to customers in the U.S.
Additionally, all customers who purchase a Lynx Control System in 2010 will receive a free Toro® Turf Guard® Wireless Soil Monitoring System starter kit.
The Lynx Control System was developed with input from golf course superintendents in an effort to help address the changing priorities and unique challenges they face daily. The intuitive user interface of Lynx combines all essential irrigation data in an easy-to-use format and allows superintendents to quickly act on course management decisions. It also gives them instant access to past, present and planned course management information from multiple irrigation system components including weather and pump stations, electrical systems, sprinklers, field controllers and Turf Guard sensors.
“We’re happy to announce that the Lynx Control System is successfully in use. Since the product launched at the Golf Industry Show in San Diego in February, sales have far exceeded our first-year expectations, and based on leads we’ve received, we anticipate a strong fall selling season,” said David Angier, senior marketing manager, Toro Golf Irrigation. “Lynx was designed with input and feedback from superintendents. It is built specifically for golf environments and for use by superintendents.”
Lynx quickly adapts to how each superintendent wants it to work and can be personalized to the specific requirements of each course. With its quick setup and operation, Lynx is filled with features and capabilities that superintendents asked for—designed to make irrigation tasks more effective. Unique features of Lynx include:
- The course map functionality gives superintendents a bird’s-eye view of their entire course. Additionally, the map editing feature allows superintendents to easily add, drag, drop and assign sprinklers, switches, satellites and Turf Guard sensors to their exact locations on the irrigation map. It also allows for easy updating of the map when system changes are made.
- The exclusive Power Guard feature shows superintendents actual pump station power consumption and profiles their usage to work within electric company guidelines. Integration with an ITT Flowtronex® pump system with Nexus® enables the Lynx Power Guard feature to track and report electricity usage of the system at any given time.
“In addition to its quick setup and many features designed exclusively for the golf environment, Lynx helps superintendents control water, labor and utility costs and ultimately helps them find more time in the day for other tasks,” said Angier. “And, because the system is expandable to accommodate future changes, superintendents can modify Lynx to meet the changing needs of their courses. Initial feedback from our installed base has been very positive.”
Superintendents Support the Lynx Control System:
- “Lynx is phenomenal. It is by far the most superintendent-friendly control system that I have ever seen,” said Mark Burchfield, superintendent, Victoria Club in Riverside, Calif. “All of the irrigation information that I need for my course is right at my fingertips. I can’t get over the features that Toro has put into this system.”
- “I’ve been in this business for more than 20 years. The set up with Lynx is extremely easy. It was unlike any irrigation control system I’ve ever seen,” said Brian Powell, superintendent, Old Chatham Golf Club in Durham, N.C. “We’ve also seen tremendous savings, particularly with my time, when it comes to managing and controlling irrigation. With Lynx, it takes a fraction of the time to create new irrigation programs and modify existing programs. Toro hit it out of the park with this.”
- “Lynx is extremely user-friendly and its architecture is very logical,” said Rob Tanaka, superintendent, Oak Creek Golf Club in Irvine, Calif. “Lynx combines simplicity with the ability to get in-depth information when it’s needed. With Lynx, it’s easy to get a summarized view of what we’re doing at the course when it comes to irrigation. But, when I need to dig a little deeper and get more detail, it’s readily available.”
Lynx comes with the 24/7 support of Toro’s exclusive National Support Network (NSN®), providing around-the-clock software and system technical support from experienced service professionals who understand exactly what golf course superintendents need.
For more information about the Lynx Control System, please visit here or call 1-800-803-8676.
About The Toro Company
The Toro Company (NYSE: TTC) is a leading worldwide provider of turf and landscape maintenance equipment, and precision irrigation systems. With sales of more than $1.5 billion in fiscal 2009, Toro’s global presence extends to more than 140 countries through its reputation of world-class service, innovation and turf expertise. Since 1914, the company has built a tradition of excellence around a number of strong brands to help customers care for golf courses, sports fields, public green spaces, commercial and residential properties, and agricultural fields. More information is available here.
To read more Industry News, please visit here.