Turface Athletics™ utilized its industry partners to provide sports field management education to more than 100 distributor representatives who attended the company’s distributor meeting Nov. 5-7 in Orlando, Fla.
Turface® distributors from across the country gathered for an educational event that included a speaker panel, classroom education and field demonstrations that featured several of the industry’s most respected field managers.
“We had incredible support from our partners in the industry, representing all levels of play,” said Jeff Langner, brand manager for Turface Athletics. “Their participation reinforced our commitment to our partnership network, and showed the value that Turface brings to the organizations, their members, and to our distributors as well.”
The speaker panel consisted of major league groundskeepers and organizational leaders in the industry. They included:
- David Mellor, Director of Grounds, World Series champion Boston Red Sox
- Darian Daily, Head Groundskeeper, Cincinnati Bengals
- Patrick Coakely, Head Groundskeeper of the Aberdeen Ironbirds, representing Ripken Baseball
- Abe Key, president & CEO of PONY Baseball & Softball
- Tim Legare, Director of Leisure Services, City of Callaway; President of Sports Turf Managers Association’s North Florida chapter
- Mark Johnson, past President of the ABCA and current Chairman of the Board of Directors; former college baseball coach at Texas A&M
- Ron Davini, Executive Director, BCA
“It was a true privilege to have been invited to participate in this event and to see the quality of education and speakers that Turface offered,” noted Mellor. “The team at Turface has been a terrific partner and resource for me over the years and it was fun for me to get to interact with so many of their distributors both on and off the field.”
Field education sessions were arranged by Floyd Perry with Grounds Maintenance Services and held at Trotter’s Park, a multi-field complex that is part of the Orlando Parks and Recreation Department. Sessions were held on a variety of topics including soil science, field layout and design, infield management, mound management, and turf management.
“The guest speakers were terrific and provided a valuable industry perspective to the meeting,” said Joe Churchill, Brand Manager for Reinders, Inc. “This was an outstanding event and made me very proud to be aligned with Turface Athletics.”
Turface also showcased several product innovations, including Pro League® Champion Brown™, the newest color to the family of Pro League® conditioners.
“Our distributors left Orlando with some extra enthusiasm for an industry we all have a passion for,” Langner said. “Hopefully they left with a little extra knowledge, to share with their customers back home.”
For more information about Turface Athletics, visit www.turface.com.