A recent post at www.golfweek.com showed the breadth of depth of skills belonging to ASGCA members. Brad Klein posted his list of the “best landfill/reclamation sites converted to golf courses in the U.S.,” and the list is filled with courses designed by ASGCA members.
The attenion on landfill and reclaimed sites was sparked by the 2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay. Not surpirsingly, the Washington course heads Klein’s list. His complete list of the top courses includes:
- Chambers Bay Golf Course, University Place, Wash., 2007 (Robert Trent Jones Jr. and Bruce Charlton)
- Streamsong Resort – Red and Blue Courses, Streamsong, Fl., 2013 (Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw; Tom Doak)
- Trump National Golf Links Ferry Point, New York, 2015 (Jack Nicklaus and John Sanford)
- Liberty National Golf Club, Jersey City, N.J., 2006 (Bob Cupp and Tom Kite)
- Chicago Highlands, Westchester, Ill., 2010 (Arthur Hills)
- The Golf Club at Newcastle – China Creek and Coal Creek courses, Newcastle, Wash., 1999-
- -2000 (Bob Cupp)
- Harborside International – Starboard and Port courses, Chicago, 1996 (Dick Nugent)
- Widow’s Walk Golf Course, Scituate, Mass.,1992 (Michael Hurdzan)
- Granite Links Golf Course at Quarry Hills, Quincy, Mass. 2004 (John Sanford)
- McCullough’s Emerald Links, Egg Harbor Township, N.J., 2002 (Stephen Kay)
- Golf Course at Harbor Shores, Benton Harbor, Mi., 2009 (Jack Nicklaus)
- Industry Hills Golf Course – Dwight D. Eisenhower and Babe Didrikson Zaharias courses, Pacific Palms, Calif.,1979-80 (William F. Bell)
Klein’s entire post can be viewed here.